Last updated: September 1st 2020
We normally see at least 2 annual rounds of changes to the current requirements for school websites. They’re usually released at the beginning of September but can crop up at any time.
We have not seen any major change to the requirements in September 2018 EXCEPT there is a new habit of adding requirements but not including them on the usual government website pages AND A NEW REQUIREMENT added at the end August 2020 around financial information for maintained schools. This guide includes everything you need, including safeguarding checks and health and safety.
As you work your way through this Guide there are a few things you must consider.
* Note the way we deal with ‘must’ and ‘should’ requirements, if a requirement says should or must we’re recommending you add the content to your website. All the ‘should’ requirements are included in the guide.
* Our checklist explains what content to display on your website and offers suggestions on how to implement them to ensure you meet and exceed the current requirements.
* The checklist has been designed to be simple to follow and allowing for a consistent approach as you audit your own website. Mark off a requirement status however you want, and assign an individual to be in charge of resolving a section of requirements. (As an aside, our School Website Compliance Software is a cost-effective, powerful way to attain and maintain 100% compliance and is best used alongside this Guide)
* If you’re ready to learn everything about school website compliance and become your school’s in-house compliance expert, enrol in The School Website Compliance Course.
* If you are struggling for time, ask one of our experts to carry out a Pro School Website Audit for you and we’ll provide a fully actionable report on your website and support you in making your site compliant as quickly as possible.
- Key Insights to School Website Compliance in 2019/20
- 21 Hallmarks of the Best Primary School Websites
- Top Tips for Auditing Your School Website
- Draft Ofsted Inspection Framework 2019 & Your School Website
- Multi Academy Trust Website Compliance Overview
- Ofsted School Website Requirements lots of schools are missing