Last updated: September 2nd 2019
Every year we usually see at least 2 rounds of changes to the current Ofsted requirements for school websites.
The latest changes were released at the end of October 2018. The latest changes were only small but can be found in Section 11 of the Checklist.
Changes to requirements are usually released at the beginning of September but can crop up at any time. It’s possible that a single requirement change will be released but more often than not, a raft of changes are released in one hit.
There are specific requirements for academies, free schools and colleges and this guide covers all the latest changes. In the checklist covered in detail in Chapter 5, you will see all the latest requirements broken down into school type for ease of use.
As you work your way through this Guide there are a few things you must consider if you want to become a school website compliance MASTER!
* Note the way we deal with ‘must’ and ‘should’ requirements, if a requirement says should or must we’re recommending you add the content to your website. All the ‘should’ requirements are included in the guide.
* Our checklist explains what content to display on your website and offers suggestions on how to implement them to ensure you meet and exceed the current requirements.
* The checklist has been designed to be simple to follow and allowing for a consistent approach as you audit your own website. Mark off a requirement status however you want, and assign an individual to be in charge of resolving a section of requirements. (As an aside, our School Website Compliance Software is a cost-effective, powerful way to attain and maintain 100% compliance and is best used alongside this Guide)
* You may find it useful to attend one of our regular OFSTED Ready Websites workshops. Or talk to us about refreshing your website – we include a full check through your new website to check your site meets requirements.
* If you are struggling for time, ask one of our experts to carry out a Pro School Website Audit for you.