Last updated: February 2021
We normally see at least 2 annual rounds of changes to the current requirements for school websites. They’re usually released at the beginning of September but can crop up at any time.
There has been a major release on 12th November 2020 including updated sections across the board and new sections added for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Catch-Up Premium. Also, the Executive Pay requirement for Academies, Free Schools and Trusts has made it’s way on to the list. In February 2021, there was the addition of Remote Education information.
As you work your way through this Guide there are a few things you must consider.
* Note the way we deal with ‘must’ and ‘should’ requirements, if a requirement says should or must we’re recommending you add the content to your website. All the ‘should’ requirements are included in the guide.
* Our checklist explains what content to display on your website and offers suggestions on how to implement them to ensure you meet and exceed the current requirements.
* The checklist has been designed to be simple to follow and allowing for a consistent approach as you audit your own website. Mark off a requirement status however you want, and assign an individual to be in charge of resolving a section of requirements. (As an aside, our School Website Compliance Software is a cost-effective, powerful way to attain and maintain 100% compliance and is best used alongside this Guide)
* If you’re ready to learn everything about school website compliance and become your school’s in-house compliance expert, enrol in The School Website Compliance Course.
* If you are struggling for time, ask one of our experts to carry out a Pro School Website Audit for you and we’ll provide a fully actionable report on your website and support you in making your site compliant as quickly as possible.